Kearys are one of Ireland largest motor groups, with a number of state of the art dealerships around Cork City and County. Kearys represents Nissan, Hyundai, Renault, BMW, MINI, Motorrad and Dacia.
With an award-winning sales staff, dedicated financial advisors, superb aftersales and parts departments, we are passionate in our customer care and working as a team strive to achieve exceptional standards in this area, placing a strong emphasis on staff training, together with considerable facility development, which remains on-going.
Kearys Motor Group is rapidly expanding and looking for top calibre candidates to join its winning team. We are currently seeking to recruit an 2nd/3rd Year Apprentice Car Mechanic / Vehicle Motor Technician to join our dynamic, growing Kearys Midleton team.
Looking to shift your career into next gear? Apply today to be a part of our success story.
Requirements of a2nd/3rdYear Apprentice Mechanic
- Prior experience in a similar role.
- 2nd/3rd year apprentice Car Mechanic / Vehicle Motor Technician.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Responsibilities of a2nd/3rdYear Apprentice Mechanic
- Attend internal and external training courses, as directed by management.
- Keep the place of work tidy and in a clean condition.
- Advise the Workshop Foreman or Service Adviser of any additional work necessary on a car during a service.
- Be prepared to work overtime, with reasonable notice, if requested by the management.
- Ensure that the vehicles worked on are carefully handled and that all reasonable care is taken of that vehicle on the premises for repair or service.
- Maintain and develop skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of vehicles.
- Make full use of Special Tools, Service Test, Service Equipment and training as provided to improve customer service levels and workshop efficiency.
- Maintain thorough and current Product Knowledge and read all Service Information and Service News bulletins as supplied by Service Management.